We respect your privacy and aim to comply with the latest data protection laws at all times.
Who we are
Jenny Wing Professional Copywriter is the ‘Controller’ of the personal data we collect from you and about you. This means we are responsible for how we collect data from you and about you, and how we use that data.
Our website address is: https://www.jennywing.com. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basis for processing your data
(Note: if the basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, we shall stop processing your data.)
Contractual obligation: A contract is formed between you and Jenny Wing Professional Copywriter when you instruct us to carry out work on your behalf, and/or when you agree to our terms and conditions. For us to carry out that work we must process the information you give us, or which we collect through other means.
When you contact us by email or via other methods where you would reasonably expect us to reply, your consent is given implicitly.
Legal obligation: Occasionally we may need to process your information (including personal information) in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
We will process your data on this basis until it is reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists or until you withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
How we collect your data
We collect your data from you over the telephone, during meetings, via email or other mediums.
We may also use software embedded in our website to collect information about pages you view and how you have reached them, what you do when you visit a page, the length of time you remain on the page and how we perform in providing content to you. We do not associate such information with an identifiable person.
We may also source data through our own research.
What personal data we collect
Personal data/information is any data from which a person can be identified. This is different from data where information is removed which may identify an individual, known as anonymous data.
We may hold any or all of the following personal data/information:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
What we do with the data we hold
We may use this information for the following purposes:
- to carry out the services agreed with you
- to invoice you
- to verify your identity for security purposes
- for internal record-keeping
- to provide interesting and relevant company updates
- to improve our services
- to advise you of services and offers which may be of interest to you
How long we keep your data
We keep your basic personal data only for as long as required by us to provide the services you have requested, comply with the law or to support a claim in court. The information we use for marketing purposes is kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to be contacted.
Who we share your data with
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information we collect. However we must comply with the law and may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request it, or if they have the proper authorisation
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to:
- request to see the data we hold on you at any time
- request for the data to be corrected or updated as required
- request for the data to be erased if there is no reason for us to be processing it
- object to processing where we rely on legitimate interest or if your data is being used for direct marketing purposes
- request restriction of processing while a matter is being investigated
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to address any of the above. If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: www.ico.org.uk
When we receive a complaint we record all the information you give to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
How we protect your data
Measures are in place to protect the security of your information to prevent your data from being accidentally lost or altered, disclosed, used or accessed by unauthorised personnel.
Procedures are in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. You will be notified of any suspected breach along with relevant authorities where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a webpage from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies may last for a single visit to our site or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
Your consent applies to the domain: www.jennywing.com